Wednesday 20 March 2013

 
Joshua Tyson
 
We are pleased to show an interview with Joshua Tyson as part of the Future of Arts development. He is currently studying Fine Arts at UCS Ipswich in his final year. Joshua Tyson has an overwhelming amount of work in his studio composed from scrap metal and other findings. He has got that scientist aura when in his laboratory. Please check out his endless video streak on youtube and on A-N's degrees unedited for more information about his art practice.
 
JT: I work mainly with sculpture but this work is influenced heavily through my sketches that show narrative. I experiment with different materials but one that I find interesting to work with is soap, not only because it is easy to manipulate but also the symbolism of it. My main studies this year focus on transgressive art and exploring the realms of cultural acceptance.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment